Archive for 'Living the Life of our Dreams'
Image via Wikipedia
Today’s a good day to start to commit to yourself that you’re going to be the best you can be.
Let’s look at some of the things that we could each stop to think about and take action on starting right now. Maybe this will help each of us to start thinking about what you would like to do to improve each of your lives.
- Mirror talk- Confront yourself in the mirror about adjusting your behavior and habits. Reach inside to the higher self above the EGO to really do a self assessment. Ask yourself, “What can I do to improve who I am? Make a decision to replace your old negative habits with good habits. Talk to yourself like you would a good friend who really needs a reality check.
- Add Increase to other people’s lives. Uplift those that you love and admire.Uplift new people that you meet. Make it obvious that you are a happy person. Have you ever met someone who looks disgruntled and says they are happy? You want to tell them to notify their face. Smile and let that contagious smile catch on with others around you. Also, let the people you love, know how you feel. Express your joy, focus more on the things you like about them instead of noticing the traits that annoy you. Send cards, emails and call people just to say hello and let them know that you are thinking about them. Share more quality time with friends and family.
- Do things you love more often.Do one thing you love daily. Julia Cameron calls this an “artist’s date, and encourages us to do things at least once a week, that replenish your creative resources like taking a walk in the park, going to an art museum, reading an inspirational book, go antiquing, whatever gets you excited, do it more often to make yourself happier and more joy filled.
- Move more: Take really good care of yourself. There has been enough proof that everything in life needs to flow to stay healthy. Make a commitment to yourself starting right now to get 30-60 minutes of fun exercise every day or at least three times a week. Here are some free fun activities that are low cost activities available to each of us everyday. They include walking, swimming, Fit TV channel, dancing or working out with Zumba fitness tapes, jumping on a mini trampoline, using weights and stretching cords/ropes, doing housework to music, walking in the mall with your favorite tunes in your ITunes account, bike riding, gardening.
- The More the Merrier: It is always fun to be with your favorite friends and family members. Share the things you love with others in your life by inviting them to join you in having some fun or taking on an adventure. What do you like to do with your spare time? What ways do you have to keep yourself in a positive frame of mind? Tell us some of your practices in being the best you can be.
” I have created the life that I live…therefore I can create the life that I want! “ —Graham
Day to Day Living with Ease
Realizing Who We Really Are!
For most people, life is a struggle, because they believe falsely that they are alone against the powers that be. This is not true! You are not alone in whatever you are trying to accomplish. Whether or not you realize it, you are not even the DOER. Most people, because they are not aware of this TRUTH, take the burden upon their conditioned intellect and conditioned limited strength, to undertake what they must in life.
Where do we want to put our FOCUS? If radio channel 101 is broadcasting vibrant health, happiness and abundance and channel 86.5 is broadcasting struggle and lack. We can choose to turn our dial to the things we want in life and listen to the TRUTH that we are not alone and Source is our partner. Or we can focus on unpleasant circumstances, forget the TRUTH and experience lack, illness, feel alone and struggle
Christ pointed out the TRUTH of the matter when he said,” It is not I, but the Father, that doeth these good works.” If you can believe that in your own life, it is not YOU, that does all manner of good in your life, you will then, have discovered the success secret of the ages. Christ again pointed out this TRUTH, when he said,” Be ye like the lilies of the field, for they spin and toil not…”
Can you make a flower grow? Can you make yourself breathe? No, this is life energy and SOURCE within each of us that gives us life, that breathes life into all beings.
Christ was correcting this false myth that man must struggle through life based upon society’s limited concept of man’s being. Through the ages other mystics along with Christ discovered that a HIGHER MIND, the very presence of Source and of GOD within, is the actual DOER if one will allow it.
Become a VEHICLE and a CHANNEL
One’s body and mind can serve as a vehicle and channel for the POWER of Source within. In ULTIMATE TRUTH, Source is the REAL LIFE and the REAL SELF of one’s being. Christ tried to explain this when he said,” The Father and I are One,” and then again when he stated,” He who has seen me has seen the Father that sent me.” Your own sense of personal existence is a conditioned belief of society’s lack of awareness of our TRUE SELF. Once this error is removed from the mind, one’s mind and body become open channels for the POWER of Source to do and accomplish in one’s life.
Mental Synthesis with Source in YOU!
To open the mind and in turn the body, as a channel and vehicle for SOURCE to flow through, one must synthesize one’s mind to the MIND, PRESENCE, and PERFECTION of Source to one’s TRUE SELF. This reality of ONEness with Source must be greater in one’s mind than any conditioned limitations that society has placed upon one’s sense of Selfhood. Accomplishing this require repetition, so for each day for a week, read these to yourself and allow the TRUTH of these synthesizing affirmations to take over your body and mind.
Synthesizing SOURCE-Power: Synthesizing affirmations create a ONEness with SOURCE in your mind.
- I am ONE MIND with the mind of SOURCE within me.
- I am ONE with the PRESENCE of SOURCE within me
- I am ONE with the CREATIVE PRESENCE of SOURCE within me.
- I am ONE with the HEALING POWER of SOURCE within me.
- I am ONE with the PROSPERING POWER of SOURCE within me.
- I am ONE with the UNLIMITED FREEDOM of SOURCE within me.
- I am ONE with the POTENTIAL of SOURCE within me.
- I am ONE with the LOVE of SOURCE within me.
- I am ONE with the TRANSFORMING POWER of SOURCE within me.
Channeling SOURCE-Power: Channeling affirmations will allow SOURCE to flow through and into your daily affairs.
- “It is not I, but the Father within me that doeth these works.” Christ
- My mind is an OPEN CHANNEL for the POWER of SOURCE.
- MY body is an OPEN VEHICLE for the POWER of SOURCE.
- My life and the LIFE of SOURCE are ONE each day.
- My every thought, each day is GUIDED by the MIND of SOURCE.
- The POWER of SOURCE flowing through me PROSPERS me.
- The POWER of SOURCE radiating in me each day HEALS me.
- The ETERNAL PEACE of SOURCE throughout me, CALMS me.
- The ESSENCE of LOVE as SOURCE, vibrates LOVE through me each day.
- SOURCE directs my footsteps and DIRECTIONS each day.
- Where ever I am and whatever I may be doing, in reality, it is SOURCE who is there and SOURCE who is doing.
Walking a labyrinth is a gift we give ourselves
My dear friend Joan and I decided to take a walk in the St. Thomas labrinth in Houston. We had a wonderful time relaxing our busy minds. We feel that we should all take a break from the every day routine of life and find things that we enjoy. We regulally look for interesting, fun opportunities to expand our lives and we highly recommend that you find ways to get out of your routine. We absolutly loved our time and plan many more days like this.
A labyrinth is a pattern with a purpose and they are undergoing a resurgence of interest. Walking a labyrinth is a gift we give to ourselves that helps us relax enough to get past our ego to a deeper place within. Many people find wonderous insight and creative ideas, relaxation and stress release, happiness and even answers to serious life questions. Its many turns reflect the journey of life, which involves changes of direction, transition, some uncertainty but also discovery.
Thinking is not required to walk a labyrinth and at the same time, one must remain alert to stay on the path. This combination of reduced mental activity and heightened awareness makes the labyrinth ideal for walking meditation or prayer. Some walk or dance the labyrinth just for the fun of it, or to express a certain intent or wish. Walking the labyrinth is more about the journey than the destination, about being rather than doing. If you’ve never been, we encourage you to try going with a question in mind intending to find the answer you’ve been looking for.
We hope that you will find a labyrinth near you and take the time to enjoy the journey!
Loving life and all it’s twists and turns!
Starting fresh every day!
Today is a good day to start fresh, to make a commitment to ourselves to be the best we can be just for today.
There are two selves that exist in every person. One is the temporary self that has been created by the conditions of society and which usually has a limited appreciation of itself or it’s possibilities. The other is the REAL SELF; that spark of life, which causes you to have life. The one who knows that there is a bigger picture who can see life for what it really is. You can have a good conversation with the big YOU anytime you want to.
Here is how I started fresh today.
- Mirror Talk- Talk to yourself in the mirror just like you would a good friend who needs to have a reality check. Give yourself a self assessment. Be kind but firm. Confronting yourself can be just what you need to get started doing something you have been putting off (procrastinating). I found this technique worked so well that I want to tell everyone about it.
- Exercising everyday-Setting up a new routine for fun exercise took a while but I have finally made a solid commitment to myself to enjoy 30-60 minutes of fun activity everyday. Most of these free or low cost activities can be alone however it’s always more fun when I do them with others so I have recruited some friends to join me whenever they feel up to it. Here is a list of some of the ways I can get going:
Walking-walking is really fun for me and I just love going to Memorial Park and using the 3 mile loop.
Playing Pickleball -The name sounds funny but this game is growing in popularity and I expect more and more people will be hearing about this fun way to meet new friends and get a solid work out.
Jumping on my mini-trampoline -Just 15 minutes on this cute little jumper is fabulous for your whole system. Circulation, cardio, building strength in your legs and much more.
Swimming - I found a wonderful place near my house that has a saltwater pool and a regular pool that’s open all year round. I LOVE to swim.
Try the Mirror Talk technique and let me know how well it works for you!
Written by Marian Lasalle
2010 © Good Life Guide All Rights Reserved
TURNING WEAKNESS INTO STRENGTH
Turning weakness into Strength
Success is the natural course of life. Nature wants to grow, expand and is constantly moving towards cleansing and creating. We can work together with nature in a conscious evolved state cooperating with God to clean out our thoughts of lack and weakness and replace it with thoughts and actions towards success. A mental motion of success.
Staying conscious of the energy in the human mind that forms habit patterns of weakness that if left unchecked, controls us, causing us to feel we have no power to overcome thoughts of overeating, overdrinking, procrastination and self defeating behavior.
All the therapies and solutions that we have been given by our social structure to help over come our weakness has proven that NOTHING is as effective as a FACE to FACE confrontation between the power of the weakness energy or self-defeating mental energy that is holding back your success and the God-Power of the UNIVERSE in your mind.
You can achieve mastery over ANY weakness in your mind!
Direct Confrontation is a metaphysical science technique that will overcome your weakness right NOW if you use this technique daily until your weakness has been eliminated from your mind on all levels.
Weaknesses are unevolved habit patterns of mental energy within the subconscious mind that surface to one’s conscious mental activity in an attempt to control one’s mind and nervous system.
Make sure that you re-read this lesson every day for at least seven days remembering that the weakness energy occupying your mind is temporal and it will pass given time and through confrontation you cause that evolution to take place NOW.
A positive mental attitude about the confrontation will assure your success.
If you are to completely succeed
- You must REALLY want to change
- You must REALLY want to succeed and be happy
- You must TRULY believe that no temporal energy of your mind can stand up to the eternal energy of the God-Power at the center of your mind.
You CAN do it! RIGHT NOW!
This confrontation power technique is the unlimited healing, transforming, eternally present primal energy power “centered” in your mind that has ALL-Power to directly confront and eliminate the hold of negative weakness energies from your subconscious.
Whenever any weakness energy enters your mind, call within to the universal God Center of your mind which contains the power presence of the universe. Look at yourself in the mirror or talk to yourself just like you would if you were confronting another person and say the following confrontation affirmation.
The God–Power within me is greater than the power of self-doubt within me. I yield my mind and body to the God-Power within. The God-Power within me gives me the peace and power to get up, go out, travel to, and have this interview. (or make this decision, or ask for what I want)
The God-Power within me is greater than the power causing me to overeat. The God-Power within me brings peace to my mind and body.
As you use the confrontation affirmation, think thaink and FEEL the greater power taking over your mind. FEEL this until you no longer feel any influence whatsoever from the weakness energy of your mind.
When this happens say the following…
I give thanks to the God-Power of my mind for giving me Self-Mastery.
Posted on 28 April '10 by Joan, under Affirmations, Conscious Languaging, Good for YOU!, Good Life Guide, Healthy Life Styles, Living the Life of our Dreams, LOA, Mysticism, Spiritual Journey, Spiritual Processes, Stress relief. No Comments.
Can you think yourself thin?
I recently met with one of Houston’s very own local personalities Kelly Stallings who is the owner of Life is Mental and the author of Think Thin to Live Thin. Her newest book also has a FABULOUS guided visualization CD which helps to reprogram our bad habits and replace them with positive, healthy eating lifestyle changes.
Look at what a couple of readers said about her book and CD set.
I’ve been on many diets and programs to lose weight but after losing weight on each one, the pounds kept coming back. This book was fun to read and offers practical solutions and ways to get the weight off and to keep it off for good. I recommend this to anyone looking to lose some weight or to maintain the weight that they’ve already lost.
This is a great book. Simple ideas, but put into action. Great for all ages and especially if you and a group of friends want to do it together… great for group motivation!
I absolutely loved this book!! Kelly does a great job of getting the readers involved and motivated to lose weight. After reading her book I have applied the practical weightloss techniques to my everyday life.
Kelly suggests that if we want to increase our success with weight loss and other goals we need to detox our brain.
- Detoxing our mind is just as important and easy as cleansing our bodies.
Just like foods can collect in our bodies, negative toxic thoughts can collect in our brains. Our self criticism and negative thinking needs to be flushed out of our mind so that repetitive thoughts like, “I am always going to be fat,” or “I am never going to be thin,” can be reprogrammed and replaced by “ It’s so easy to find ways to eat healthy and look leaner”.
Kelly also suggests that the key to success is giving yourself enough time to achieve the goal. It took time to develop negativity; it will take time to create positivity. Be patient and stay the course. Kelly said “I have yet to meet a person who suddenly woke up one day with negative and self critical thinking”. In fact, we are all born with a blank slate. The negativity is conditioned for us as we grow and develop. Do not blame your family; negativity bombards us from many environmental sources. Think about the last time you saw an upbeat breaking news feature. I am betting that you cannot think of even one example.”
So, just how do you reprogram your negative thoughts and patterns? I suggest you read her book and listen to her guided visualization CD and encourage all your friends to read it with you, so as a group you can all see how EASY it is to find ways to eat healthier and look leaner.
Click on the image below to order Kelly’s book and start your journey today.
Written by Marian LaSalle
Mind Over Matter!
From left to right; Chris Lutz,Wanda Morris, Silva Method Instructor, Joan Maresh Hansen, Louise Dewey, Dare to Dream Queens
Attended an interesting Dare to Dream Seminar today which provided some interesting ideas about the magnificent power of the mind. Our instructor is well known in the Houston area as Wanda Morris has been a Silva instructor for over 40 years. She actually trained under the founder of the Silva Mind Control Method, Jose Silva. Today’s intentions were to have each of the participants work on themselves and their own belief systems.We did five or six guided meditations. Comparisons were made to Hawaiian Kahunas and Mexican “healers.” Morris said, “the truths have been told in countless ways since the beginning of time.”
Stories were told of miraculous healings and other stories like one man was thinking about calling his friend, both men are doctors. He then thought,” no he is probably busy at the hospital.” As he was going into the store, a piece of paper blew in front of him, he picked it up as litter and was going to dispose of it—it was his friend’s business card. He then stopped to call his doctor friend.
Another discussion lead us to the three levels of the human mind as described by the Hunas.
- Level one is the lower self also called the subconscious or inner conscious mind and this is where we were programmed since the time that we were children. The subconscious responds to image and feelings. This is what we must tap into in order to re-program.
- Level two is the middle self or what we call consciousness—where we make decisions, here language is understood and used.
- The third level is the high self—the high self resides outside of each of us and is our connection to what some call Source or God or Higher Intelligence.
When we ask for something and it does not come to fruition, Hunas say that it is because all of the three selves are not aligned.
Hunas say how it works is that the conscious mind makes a decision with a clear picture in mind of the goal. The conscious mind gives it to the low self ( sub or inner conscious mind) to give to the high self ( which resides outside of ourselves) so that high self can do what it takes to bring it into our reality.
This information is still being processed, so I am sharing my vague understanding of what I heard. I ask what books would clarify this information even further and the books below were mentioned. The course continues tomorrow and I am anxious to hear what else will be revealed. Stay tuned.
A Decision to be Happy!
Deciding to be Happy
We had our first Feel Good Gathering last night and I’m pleased that it happened in the first week of the New Year. Most of us want to see some action quickly after we have made a decision on changing our life or improving a portion of our lives and that’s exactly what we did last night. For those that like to be around happy, upbeat people or those that want to be one of those happy. upbeat people it was THE place to be.
Being happier requires taking inspired action, but it’s the action we take on the inside that makes the difference. If you surround yourself with like minded people and make a commitment to take inspired action then you will be well on your way to a DELIGHTFUL journey connecting to your higher self and living the best life you were meant to live. AND it will get easier and easier the more you practice.
Inspired action starts with an inner knowing of what is true and right without anyone telling you. When intuition puts you in touch with your higher self, you feel at peace, content, even in the midst of a difficult situation. Once you feel at ease and comfortable you can make the right choices. It really does come down to feeling. FEEL it and leap toward what feels good.
Some people call it intuition, hunches, sixth sense, higher self, or the inner voice. Whatever you call it, we all have it. Some people seem to have developed it better than others but that’s only because they’ve practiced. Have you ever had a hunch to do something that worked out well for you? You probably couldn’t explain the source of that thought, but you knew it was the right and good thing to do.
The best way to get in touch with your intuition is quieting the inner chatter. It’s then that you can hear your inner voice or intuition. We believe that the best way to start this practice is to meditate. As we discussed in our Feel Good Gathering, everyone is different so whatever way you can achieve this is fine. Try all kinds of methods and see what works best for you.
Some people have to physically sit still to shut off those thousands of thoughts that race through our heads (we like to call it our MONKEY MIND). Some achieve this through the many forms of meditation, others through self-hypnosis, and others through listening to soothing music but there are many more ways to quiet your inner critic. Walking in nature, watching fish swim around and around, sitting in front of a fireplace and one that was shared last night that EVERYONE could relate to was while in the middle of kids screaming and other irritating sounds while in a confined area like a plane is a decision that all is ok and just relaxing into all the noise, confusion and drama.
The more you practice getting in touch with your higher self or intuition, the more you will be able to FEEL the way you want to feel (GOOD) This will help you to allow in the relationships you desire and create the inner joy and happiness you deserve.
Sending this with LOVE,
Resolution for the New Year
With each new year comes the anticipation of new possibilities for each of our lives. What is it about resolutions that has everyone declare their intentions for the upcoming year? What if instead of claiming you are going to do all these things that you may not do. Why not just look at the words you are using in conversations? Pay attention to your words as they reveal a lot about you.
Realize that our words have creative power. With our words, we can either bless or curse our future. If you want to know what you’re going to be like five years from now, listen to what you’re saying about yourself; even the small things that you say over and over your life from “I’ll never get that promotion” to “I’m just so tired all the time.” The moment we verbalize a thought, whether positive or negative, we give that thought the right to come true.
To see the best in your life, you have to stay conscious and use positive language to speak victory over your life. It’s not enough just to “not speak anything negative.” You have to take it a step further and speak FAVOR over your life. You can’t speak defeat and expect to have victory.
There is a correlation between what we say and what SOURCE does, but nothing happens until we speak our faith out. When we speak our beliefs into WORDS ( like love letters to ourselves), the moment these emotion- filled ideas come out of our mouth, something happens in the unseen invisible realm. We may not see it for a week, a year or even ten years, but the laws of the Universe are working behind the scenes.
” It’s a funny thing about life; if you refuse to accept anything but the best, you very often get it.” Somerset Maugham
If you will keep saying the right thing, the positive thing, the joyous thing, speaking FAVOR into your life, speaking health and wholeness, speaking abundance and prosperity, speaking love in relationship, speaking gratitude and appreciation in your perfect livelihood—these are the seeds you’re sowing, and you can be certain you will reap what you speak. Remember these are the laws of the Universe and Source is going to make all your crooked places straight. Have your resolution for the new year be about watching your words, speaking more favor into your life, therefore creating a more fulfilling future.
”The words you speak and think are your personal vehicle on your journey to happiness.They program both your destination and the speed with which you get there” Yvonne Oswald
Wishing you a happy and prosperous 2010 the year to move in the directions of your dreams…
The Power of Words,Liz McGrath, This is a journey of the power of words and the impact they have on our lives,
Every Word has Power:Switch on your Language and Turn on your Life,Yvonne Oswald, This book showed me that how my internal and external language patterns were actually creating my life.
Your Word is your Wand, Florence Shovell Schinn, a favorite book and author with a clear message regarding the magic that can be created in our lives with the right words.
My dear friend who was in a deep depression said to me one day that I should stop trying to make her happy and just be myself. My first instinct was “Well I enjoy making you happy and that IS who I am so, who am I if I can’t make you happy?” What kind of a friend lets someone they care about wallow in sadness without trying to help them feel better? I was miserable and allowed myself to get depressed right along side of my friend.
I gave this conversation a great deal of thought and finally realized that even though I truly do enjoy helping others and seeing them happy, I did have a responsibility to make sure that I get to be happy too. We had a few hard days where we just couldn’t see each other’s perspective but when I finally decided to just let her be unhappy if she wanted to, and assure her I was there for her when she wanted to FEEL better, why everything changed. Most of the time what people want is to be heard and understood. Let them know you understand but that you can’t join them in the sorrow.
- If someone chooses to be unhappy and we can’t get them to come into our happy state (vibration) then we can learn to accept it and let them know that when they are ready to feel better, we will be there for them.
Each person in your life is there for a reason, and that reason always has something to do with love.-Tut
- When we finally decide to show kindness and true empathy, that kindness inspires kindness in return.
Another dear friend of mine said to me one day after she had an argument with a co-worker “I decided I would rather be happy than to be right.” from that day on her so-called conflicts at work seemed silly and much less stressful. Her life changed for the better at work and at home. Contrast is a natural part of all relationships. Focusing on creating a balanced compromise rather than winning or losing an argument can draw you and your friends/co-workers closer together and allow deeper relationships to flourish in all areas of your life.
- Feelings of irritation and frustration grow when we remain silent so make your feelings clear but do so with empathy, a real honest look at their perspective.
The relationships you nurture with others will mirror the relationship you have with yourself. Learn to take responsibility for your own happiness and treat yourself with kindness and compassion.
Sending this with LOADS of ~kindnness and Love~